Wayne Morse Chair of Law and Politics
Hilary Charlesworth (2004-05)
Hilary Charlesworth is director of the Centre for International and Public Law at the Australian National University and an expert in the field of feminist international law. With co-author Christine Chinkin, she wrote the award-winning book The Boundaries of International Law: A Feminist Analysis.
Neil Smith (2003-04)
Neil Smith was a Distinguished Professor of Anthropology and Geography at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. He was the author of eight books, including The Politics of Public Space and Endgame of Globalization. He passed away in September 2012.
- Ibrahim Gassama, Professor of Law, University of Oregon
- Lynn Fujiwara, Assistant Professor, Women’s and Gender Studies, University of Oregon
- Keith Aoki, Philip H. Knight Professor of Law, University of Oregon
- Lise Nelson, Assistant Professor, Geography, University of Oregon
- James K. Galbraith, “Rising Inequality in the Age of Globalization: The Facts and the Consequences”
- Karen Engle, “New Voices in International Law”
- David Caron, “The United States and the Laws of Power: Looking Back on the Bush Administration and U.S. Foreign Policy”
- Mary Robinson, “Human Rights and Ethical Globalization”
- Richard Falk, “Revisiting the Great Terror War”
- Congressman Peter DeFazio, “Unilateralism, Preemption, and the War Powers Act: Implications for U.S. and World Security”
Malthus, Mendel, and Monsanto: The Law and Politics of the Global Food Supply
Conference sponsored by UO School of Law, Professor Keith Aoki, and Oregon Tilth.
- American Gadfly: The Story of Wayne Morse. Play production sponsored by New Mime Circus.
- The Borders of Human Security: Geopolitics Comes Home. Conference sponsored by the UO Center for the Study of Women in Society and Professor Sandra Morgen.
- Democracy and Human Rights in Latin America: Lessons from the Past and Prospects for the Future (30 Years After September 11, 1973). Conference sponsored by the UO Latin American Studies Committee.
- En Tu Nombre (In Your Name). Art exhibit sponsored by UO Romance Languages and Professor Bryan Moore.
- Environmental Challenges that Transcend National Boundaries. Lecture series sponsored by Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide (E-LAW).
- Global Justice at Work. Lecture series sponsored by the UO School of Law Public Interest/Public Service (PIPS) Program.
- Homeland “In”Security: Race, Immigration and Labor in Post-9/11 North America. Conference sponsored by the UO Center on Diversity and Community.
- Latino Immigration and the New World Order: Lessons from the Japanese-American Internment. Symposium sponsored by Eugene Day of Remembrance Committee
- Peace and Justice in Latin America. Conference sponsored by UO Latin American Studies Committee and ProfessorCarlos Aguirre.
- Politics, Law, and Violence in Literature and the
- Arts.Symposium sponsored by UO Theater Arts and Professor Jeffrey Mason.
- Workplace Health and Safety in the Global Economy. Conference sponsored by UO Labor Education and Research Center – Occupational Health and Safety Program, and Professor Steven Hecker.